Monday, March 19, 2007

Interviews from Entrepreneur Project

Here are some of the notecards sent to Chaser Brody as the kids in Mrs. Yodowitz's class reflected upon their Entrepreneur Projects by conducting mock interviews and pasting them into notecards and then sent to Chaser Brody's inventory. They have not been edited in any way:

Clifford Hillburn,

I enjoyed the community aspect in sharing projects with others. I would suggest attempting different project options. I can see students learning skills of life and education in a "Digital Native" friendly environment. I would suggest an actual buisiness project, where students work together to build in world corporations. I believe I recieved an a for my project because I used my resources to provide an accurate working presentaion on my entrepenuer. I would like to learn how to learn how I can better manipulate funds to achieve what I want.

I really liked how i got to find out infomation on entreprenuers that I never knew about. I dont think that there was anything to improve because i thought that it was a fun and educational project. You can have fun while doing work which is what kids like to do. I think that we should be using Second Life in other classes to make it more interesting. I believe that I should get an A because I felt that I had completed all the tasks on the rubric. I would like to learn how to manage my money so i dont go crazy when it comes to tings like shopping sprees. Rubenoff Hillburn

I really liked the career/entrepreneur project because i learned how to be succesful. I really don't think that there was something i could change in my project because everything was great and good. Second life is helpful in the future becuase you can learn how to make friends and be more social. If you can improve second life I would have to say faster computers. I think i deserve an A in this project because I provided all the information needed and I did all work required. I would like to learn in Financial Literacy about how to handle your money well and not to spend it all in one place or in one day.

[6:11] Henderson Hillburn: HI
[6:11] Nasar Hillburn: hi
[6:11] Nasar Hillburn: I have a few questons for your project
[6:11] Henderson Hillburn: okay, shoot
[6:12] Nasar Hillburn: ok, first, what did you find most interesting about the career you choice?
[6:13] Henderson Hillburn: I think it was the fact that they are underappreciated and yet still make it big time
[6:13] Nasar Hillburn: i see
[6:14] Nasar Hillburn: do you find yourself doing something with art in the future? and do you think that this project could have helped you achieve that?
[6:16] Henderson Hillburn: I think I'll be doing alot in the field of art. I'll be up there with DaVinci and Michaelangelo (lol). This project, I think, helped me learn more about what I might experience before becoming famous
[6:17] Nasar Hillburn: so then, what do you see yourself doing in 15 years?
[6:18] Henderson Hillburn: I think I'll still be trying to figure that question out. I'll probbly rent an apartment or something and draw
[6:19] Nasar Hillburn: ok, and one more question, what are you doing right now that you think will help you achieve your goal? (alrhough i already know that you are already a fanastic artist)
[6:19] Nasar Hillburn: **although
[6:20] Henderson Hillburn: Lol, don't make my head swell. I'm saving money, of course, and still practicing alot. My sketching isn't too bad, but my painting is horrible!
[6:21] Nasar Hillburn: sounds like the words of an artist to me, thank you for your time

[6:17] Rawiszer Hillburn: ok first question
[6:18] Rawiszer Hillburn: What did you find most interesting about your career/entrepeneur?
[6:21] Rawiszer Hillburn: answer clifford :)
[6:27] Clifford Hillburn: Munoz has engineered an entire sport almost singlehandedly
[6:27] Clifford Hillburn: And yours
[6:27] Rawiszer Hillburn: He didnt intentionally make the soft drink coca-cola he wanted to make a good tasting soft drink that cured the common headache
[6:28] Clifford Hillburn: What did you learn from this project that might help you now or in the future
[6:29] Rawiszer Hillburn: I learned that sometimes mistakes lead to greater things and you?
[6:29] Clifford Hillburn: I learned that sometimes, the world may not be ready to accept your ideals so you must force it on them.
[6:30] Clifford Hillburn: What do you see yourself doing in 15 years
[6:30] Rawiszer Hillburn: I see myself as a sports agent and you?
[6:31] Clifford Hillburn: I see myself as a designer for entertainment software(videogames)
[6:31] Rawiszer Hillburn: What are you doing now that you think might help you reach your goals in 15 years?
[6:32] Clifford Hillburn: What are you doing now which might help you reach your goals
[6:32] Rawiszer Hillburn: I am watching sports and looking at some of the deals agents make with teams and you?
[6:33] Clifford Hillburn: I am closely following the flow of the videogame industry, to know which hurdles I will have to cross
[6:33] Clifford Hillburn: Thank you for your time
[6:33] Rawiszer Hillburn: Thank you

6:19] Bernstein Hillburn: What did you find interesting about your entreprener?
[6:20] Subhedar Hillburn is typing...
[6:20] Subhedar Hillburn: Ray Kroc was a high school dropout
[6:20] Subhedar Hillburn: and
[6:21] Bernstein Hillburn: what did he do
[6:21] Bernstein Hillburn: as a career
[6:22] Subhedar Hillburn: he is known for establishing Mc Donalds
[6:22] Bernstein Hillburn: awsome
[6:22] Bernstein Hillburn: what from this project may help you in the future
[6:22] Bernstein Hillburn: ?
[6:23] Subhedar Hillburn: learning that to be succsessful you need to be motivated and confident
[6:25] Bernstein Hillburn: where do you see yourself in 15 years
[6:25] Subhedar Hillburn: i see my self doing something in the medical field
[6:26] Subhedar Hillburn: what i am doing now is trying to learn sucsess goals
[6:27] Subhedar Hillburn: jjjfjf
[6:28] Bernstein Hillburn: yea. what are you doing to reach your goals?
[6:29] Subhedar Hillburn: being aware of what is being offerd, time manangement and work ethic
[6:30] Subhedar Hillburn: What is the most interesting thing u found out about ur entrepreneur or career
[6:31] Bernstein Hillburn: he was adopted at a very young age
[6:31] Subhedar Hillburn: k
[6:32] Subhedar Hillburn: who and what did he/she do
[6:32] Bernstein Hillburn: dave thomas was the inventor of wendy's
[6:33] Subhedar Hillburn: what did u learn from this project and how will it help u in the future
[6:34] Bernstein Hillburn: i learned to never give up
[6:34] Subhedar Hillburn: what might u do in 15 years
[6:35] Bernstein Hillburn: i might be an architect and i hope i will be a famous architect
[6:36] Subhedar Hillburn: What r u doing right now to help ureach ur goal
[6:37] Bernstein Hillburn: i am working hard in school and trying to reach all goals i have for myself


I liked the career/entrprenur project because it taught me that people have very diverse stories that are interesting to learn about. One suggestion to make the project better would be people that understand second life be there to assist, not two teachers, and two students going around to everybody. Knowing second life will help people in the future because a lot of colleges and business have islands and it would be a great skill to know how to work it. I would have to say that to improve second life to be used as a tool for learning is a stricter schedule, students have to follow a guidline, but think outside the box to complete it. I think I deerve a "a" for the career/entreprenuer project and second life experience because I understand how to work everything and I have two projects (a powerpoint, and a coca-cola can with a notecard) I would like to learn about the stock market in Financial literacy.

Interview with Clifford Hillburn:
[6:17] Rawiszer Hillburn: ok first question
[6:18] Rawiszer Hillburn: What did you find most interesting about your career/entrepeneur?
[6:21] Rawiszer Hillburn: answer clifford :)
[6:27] Clifford Hillburn: Munoz has engineered an entire sport almost singlehandedly
[6:27] Clifford Hillburn: And yours
[6:27] Rawiszer Hillburn: He didnt intentionally make the soft drink coca-cola he wanted to make a good tasting soft drink that cured the common headache
[6:28] Clifford Hillburn: What did you learn from this project that might help you now or in the future
[6:29] Rawiszer Hillburn: I learned that sometimes mistakes lead to greater things and you?
[6:29] Clifford Hillburn: I learned that sometimes, the world may not be ready to accept your ideals so you must force it on them.
[6:30] Clifford Hillburn: What do you see yourself doing in 15 years
[6:30] Rawiszer Hillburn: I see myself as a sports agent and you?
[6:31] Clifford Hillburn: I see myself as a designer for entertainment software(videogames)

Henderson Hillburn: HI
Nasar Hillburn: hello
Henderson Hillburn: I need to ask you some uestions
Henderson Hillburn: *questions
Nasar Hillburn: ok sure
Henderson Hillburn: Firstly, what did you find most interesting about your entrepreneur?
Nasar Hillburn: well, Milton Hershey wasn't very sucsessful at first but h kept on trying and eventually he bbcame extremly sucessful and made millions
Nasar Hillburn: *he
Henderson Hillburn: (lazy speller...) Erm, secondly, what did you feel you learned from him that will help you now, or even in the future?
Nasar Hillburn: (hey! lol) well i learned from him tha it takes alot of effort to reach your goal and whatever it is that you want to do in life you have do work veryhard to become sucessful with it
Nasar Hillburn: **that
Henderson Hillburn: Something that lots of us need to learn. With that peral of wisdom, what do you think you'll be doing in 15 years with you incapibility to spell?
Henderson Hillburn: *pearl
Henderson Hillburn: *incabability
Nasar Hillburn: (hey! i can spell perficly im just rushing)
Henderson Hillburn: lol
Nasar Hillburn: haha u probilbly shouldnt coppy this part in the note card lol
Nasar Hillburn: ok ok back to work...
Nasar Hillburn: i dont really know what i want to do when in 15 year, im thinking about working in photography but this project has helped me learn howto approch the job you want
Henderson Hillburn: That's good. Now, what are you doing to help further reach that goal in 15 years, when we'll all be 67 and out of school?
Nasar Hillburn: 67? ok, well I know I want to go to college and I already am pretty good at photography, my only problem is knowing for sure what i want to do for a career
Henderson Hillburn: Well, I got that problem too. So, thanks alot, and don't look now, some guy's coming with a motorcycle stuck in his stomach
Nasar Hillburn: woah, ok, thanks

No comments: